Riding a bike has become a very popular mode of transportation recently. Not only can riding your bike allow you to enjoy better health, but it can also allow you to contribute to a better planet. Here are some reasons to choose a bike over anything else.
1. It ensures that you don’t contribute to air pollution. When you’re biking, you are not emitting potentially harmful substances into the air as you do with driving. This is a surefire way to ensure that you don’t contribute to air pollution, which is important for green living and for the health of you and your lungs.
2. It helps you to use and get in touch with natural resources. Green living is all about natural ways of doing things. By riding your bike, you are enjoying sunlight and the air and this is what green living is all about. These natural resources also happen to be very good for your health as well, so it’s a true win-win.
3. It’s a great form of exercise. Though many people may make the switch to biking due to the way in which it helps to promote green living, it also happens to be a great form of exercise. If you turn to biking as a way of getting around and use it for transportation, it can really contribute to a great exercise regimen.
4. It’s good for your health and well being. As you bike, you are exercising and practicing what you preach for green living. You will feel better, look better, and ultimately get the results you want with your health if you choose biking as your main source of transportation.
5. It’s an excellent way to release stress. Not only is biking good for your physical health, but it’s good for your mental health. Green living is often about simplicity and getting back to basics, and that’s all facilitated if you take care of yourself. Getting outside and getting in exercise through biking can really help you to release stress. This is good for your mental well being, and that’s an important part of health that many people forget about.
6. It ensures that you use only the resources that you really need. If you are truly doing your part in saving the earth and green living, then you are focused on conservation. You need to utilize only the resources that you need, and biking is a great way to do just that.
7. It’s the perfect way to maintain green living and burn some calories in the process. So if you are truly committed to green living, then you need to follow through in all of your actions. By choosing to bike rather than drive your car you are ensuring that you don’t contribute to air pollution, that you utilize only what you need, and that you take the healthier route overall.
Green living doesn’t have to involve a lot of difficult choices. Simply opting to bike rather than drive everywhere can ensure that you get in exercise, enjoy a healthier life, and contribute to a better planet in the meantime.